This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CYGWIN - As admin setup other users SSH for them?
- From: "Roger Vicker, CCP" <rvicker at vicker dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:04:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: CYGWIN - As admin setup other users SSH for them?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <lmo56t$us6$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <5390204E dot 2050300 at etr-usa dot com> <ln7rdb$t9t$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <53977A60 dot 9060107 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: rvicker at vicker dot com
On 6/10/2014 4:36 PM, Warren Young arranged the binary bits such that:
> On 6/10/2014 14:56, Roger Vicker, CCP wrote:
>> These particular users are barely computer literate so I would be
>> copying the private keys directly to their Android devices
> In that case, why not just replicate the effect of "ssh-copy-id" from
> each Android device before it leaves your hands?
1) The point of using keys is to eliminate password login (there are
other layers involved elsewhere).
2) Even if I "temporarily" enabled password login I would need the
user's password to this network.
3) The usual "after necessary sharing a password" changing of it upsets
the user as the periodic change is always "too frequent".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple