This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
zsh bug (was Re: Native links breaks zsh)
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 10:38:20 -0700
- Subject: zsh bug (was Re: Native links breaks zsh)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPHLbgMd_NG-f3C5xgAA1=7m_kq7jiTrRV330kw+i+ASaUpCWw at mail dot gmail dot com> <53916A4F dot 7050903 at tlinx dot org>
Linda Walsh wrote:
Yuriy Chernyshov wrote:
Greetings, it's me again.
I've added environment variable to zsh. The problem with locking
Here are some commands:
I just wanted to verify -- if you remove the 'winsymlinks:nativestrict',
(i.e. unset the CYGWIN var if nothing else is in it), then it works and
doesn't give the above error?
That wasn't clear from your original post.
Trying to use hardlinks to make a broken setup work then blaming
'hardlinks' for it not working seems a bit far fetched.
This seems more like a zsh bug with little if anything to do
I can think of ways zsh would fail if it tried to use hard-linking
on a file but then found unaccounted for links to the file.
It gets worse -- since if 1 link of a multi-linked file is "locked" --
all hard-linked copies will be locked as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple