zsh bug (was Re: Native links breaks zsh)

Linda Walsh wrote:
Yuriy Chernyshov wrote:
Greetings, it's me again.

I've added environment variable to zsh. The problem with locking still persists. Here are some commands:
----
I just wanted to verify -- if you remove the 'winsymlinks:nativestrict',
(i.e. unset the CYGWIN var if nothing else is in it), then it works and
doesn't give the above error?

That wasn't clear from your original post.
Trying to use hardlinks to make a broken setup work then blaming
'hardlinks' for it not working seems a bit far fetched.

This seems more like a zsh bug with little if anything to do
with cygwin...

I can think of ways zsh would fail if it tried to use hard-linking
on a file but then found unaccounted for links to the file.

It gets worse -- since if 1 link of a multi-linked file is "locked" --
all hard-linked copies will be locked as well.