This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Using ln from gnuplot
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 09:46:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Using ln from gnuplot
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOSUUSpM_ouf4QX7RY=skzCgQk+qOhMjZYnDjj_fGpk6V29J8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53909017 dot 8070600 at cygwin dot com>
On 6/5/2014 09:43, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 06/05/2014 09:32 AM, xmoon 2000 wrote:
Please check this link where the question is set out:
From what I can see, Warren answered this question already.
I answered it because of this email. I do monitor the Cygwin tag in my
feed reader, but I don't always see everything, so I appreciated the
It's not really clear why you posted this here
To get eyeballs.
We don't want to be a list full of links to other forums.
Okay, to close the loop, the problem is that he was trying to run the
native Win32 port of gnuplot under Cygwin, and was expecting that Cygwin
symlinks and Cygwin paths were going to work somehow.
He was partially mislead by the fact that forward slashes work as well
as backslashes, and so apparently thought that Cygwin somehow conferred
knowledge of POSIX mechanisms on all Windows programs.
I directed him to the Cygwin port of gnuplot.
If anyone wants to upvote my answer, I'd appreciate it. :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple