This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:51:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32... still crashing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1401832858 dot 77832 dot YahooMailNeo at web185401 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com> <5390BF87 dot 6070604 at cornell dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 03:05:43PM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>On 6/3/2014 6:00 PM, Zdzislaw Meglicki wrote:
>> And... another crash. I didn't run it under gdb this
>> time and it didn't dump anything either, but I got
>> interesting new message I didn't see before:
>> *** fatal error - WFSO failed waiting for timer thread, Win32 error 0
>This message comes from the function timer_tracker::cancel in timer.cc
>in the Cygwin sources. I'm afraid I have no idea what the timer thread
>is or why WaitForSingleObject might fail waiting for it.
>cgf or Corinna (or anyone else), can you shed any light on what might
>cause this? Could it be BLODA, for instance?
I really don't see how WaitForSingleObject can fail like this but I have
demoted that fatal condition to a warning and added slightly more
debugging output to it. The next snapshot will have that change.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple