This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Michael Wild <mwild at bluewin dot ch>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:32:33 +0400
- Subject: Re: Compiling cygwin1.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAALQ5rnJz9h-EHYR2UqoznOrhTVsqaqgX1KiWeD+fo1iKVt7sw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Michael Wild!
> In order to pinpoint an error I'm trying to compile cygwin1.dll from
> source following the instructions here:
My question is: do you actually need to rebuild it, or you just need the debug
> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin. However,
> when building binutils, I trip over this error:
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00064.html. According to
> DJ (https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-02/msg00067.html),
> "attempts to build the old binutils/gdb in CVS are going to be
> doomed". Apparently the development of these packages is now tracked
> in a separate git repo. So, my question is now, how do I get a working
> build for the cygwin DLL? Do I have to replace binutils/gdb in the CVS
> checkout with the git checkout?
> How are the current snapshots built?
> Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 03.06.2014, <14:31>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple