This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Update CoreUtils
- From: PolarStorm <developer at clinicsearch dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 02:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Update CoreUtils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140513055627 dot GA671 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLWoSg2zuMdZuYwL+baXpYq-472i2Y3iqte4MVhQ4WtEdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53721437 dot 4080408 at lysator dot liu dot se> <CAAXzdLU182frc=xTyP8JqmY+qef9wxw-vzALRhf-1ZnkVSWNFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513150444 dot GD7575 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXO3moCP_nPkwReqkW0e=eU9pjT+XsC0Ys5+=ib-NZmaw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513192940 dot GB715 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140513225136 dot GA5659 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXpJfF3mCcifkcE85q-wEEhRvhWC4=24Gb_TTPibupgBw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140514021317 dot GA7270 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor-8 wrote
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 06:26:01PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>>On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> I've taken the ball back. We don't need a new maintainer.
>>You clearly do, as I have shown. You are just choosing not to take one
>>on. That is your right of course. Let us continue the status quo.
>>>I've spoken with Eric. I'm relieved that he still wants to stay on.
>>>If his, or any other maintainer's update speed is not meeting
>>>expectations then please, as suggested, just build the packages for your
> You aren't privy to my private conversation with Eric. I'm clearly
> satisfied that he will get around to updating his packages and I am
> confident in his ability to follow through on this.
I'm a rather random but very long time user of Cygwin, and only
occasionally read the these threads. But after having read THIS
thread, I'm left with is a rather disgusted feeling about certain
peoples attitudes, behavior and manners towards other users who
offer their help in sincerity. What is more surprising is how those who
claim their moral standpoint the hardest are the ones who are the
most rude and outright unprofessional in close to all aspects.
The words and bickering found here, is the behavior you'd expect
to hear from a group of teenage religions sect fanatics. I see absolutely
no forward looking or proactive action going on here at all.
If the current maintainer is not able to do his job for whatever or
reproductive reasons, he should give it up. These packages are not his
or your babies, they are bigger than that and your developer egos.
Open your arms to new talent and fresh spirits. Let them prove that
they can do what they claim and let go.
I envy Mr.Penny for supporting this kind of verbal non-sense abuse and
in this case, he's right on all accounts. If it would have been me, I'd
left with a FU, long ago.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Update-CoreUtils-tp108520p108976.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple