This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: symantec false positive on cygwin-1.7.30-1 32bit
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 11:48:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: symantec false positive on cygwin-1.7.30-1 32bit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53836C95 dot 6090404 at gmail dot com> <1401183969793-108888 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
On 27/05/2014 11:46, Kptain wrote:
Same status for me!
I was thinking it could become from FTP provider, but by using a new mirror
site coming from CH, I've found same issue.
Please note also that this issue was present in previous release 1.7.29, I
was waiting for last update to see if it has been cleaned.
Thanks to check these deliveries,
In relation to submission .
Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission
and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed
from our products:
8BF7925F25CCEA0AAEC7A55A47D7B688 - locale.exe
67BCB92191272EE1D204C557741C81AA - tzset.exe
and I can confirm that the latest update is ignoring the two files.
Unfortunately I suspect we will see more of this crap in the future.
Trojan.ADH.2 seems a very braod and popular item on
their antivirus definition...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple