Re: Has Lucida Console disappeared?

On 5/12/2014 08:37, Doug Lewan wrote:

Since updating Cygwin on Friday I (i.e. emacs, etc.) don't find the
Lucida Console fonts.

Have they really disappeared?

And how would I verify their removal? I can find lots of information
about packages currently installed, but nothing more historical.

As far as I know, Lucida Console does not come with any Cygwin package, it is part of Windows, up through Windows XP. It is not a free font:

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FMID=1262

From Vista (?) forward, Windows uses Consolas for that purpose.

Sometimes to get native fonts to work in Cygwin apps, you have to build font files, which may not have been done in your new installation. The assumption here is that you're talking about Emacs on X11, not console emacs in MinTTY.

If MinTTY can't find the font, check in Notepad or similar. If Lucida Console isn't there, either, Cygwin's setup.exe probably didn't remove it.