This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 18:45:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140425T174944-109 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140425173617 dot GB346 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <loom dot 20140426T195204-82 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140426190711 dot GA2529 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <loom dot 20140426T215939-131 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 08:16:00PM +0000, Dawid Ferenczy wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>> Perhaps you aren't a native English speaker and incorrectly took offense
>> at the mild term "gobbledegook" which was not directed at you. I was
>> referring to the author of the web page that you referenced. If that is
>> the author of ConEmu then he really doesn't seem to have a handle on how
>> things work which is rather surprising given that he's written ConEmu.
>> "ANSI codes" and "Windows consoles" don't mix.
>I have understood that. I just didn't like that attitude, because I think
>Maximus5 (ConEmu developer) is a good developer and he knows what he's
>doing. But it's possible, that he's wrong in this of course.
>But instead of writing that he wrote "gobbledegook", it would be nice to
>describe why he's wrong. So if I can ask you, please, describe it more in
>depth. Because I don't know much about how this works and it seems I have to
>act as a mediator.
Your expectations of my willingness to engage are not correctly
calibrated. I'm not going to go out of my way to communicate with
someone who has put Cygwin observations on an external website. And,
I'm not going to educate you in how the Windows console works. You have
plenty of places on the internet available to you for that.
I already told you (and you've chosen to ignore) how you might be able
to make things work. You should stop focusing on your perception of "my
attitude" and just work on improving your understanding.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple