This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No shortcuts after default install - how to start cygwin?
- From: "V.99" <v dot 99 at seznam dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 17:04:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: No shortcuts after default install - how to start cygwin?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEnn=3YzwSQWDxJMODx2-3m7DyFLv37_aNxwJkpPVbNw2DyXCQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 26.4.2014 11:35, ben modra wrote:
After performing a standard (default) install using setup-x86.exe,
there are no shortcuts in the start menu or desktop. I don't really
mind but don't know how to initiate cygwin without it.
Its a work pc, which means I have little control over the system, and
it has been meddled with quite a bit. Running XP. It quite common
for this to happen on installing software, and I usually just make a
desktop shortcut. Must be unusual for others because I can't find any
reference to it in the archives.
Can you please tell me how to run cygwin without the shortcut?
target of my shortcut is
C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
It is shortcut made by cygwins setup on windows xp.
.: Vlado :.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple