This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No shortcuts after default install - how to start cygwin?
- From: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:53:02 +1000
- Subject: Re: No shortcuts after default install - how to start cygwin?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAEnn=3YzwSQWDxJMODx2-3m7DyFLv37_aNxwJkpPVbNw2DyXCQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 07:35:03PM +1000, ben modra wrote:
> After performing a standard (default) install using setup-x86.exe,
> there are no shortcuts in the start menu or desktop. I don't really
> mind but don't know how to initiate cygwin without it.
> Its a work pc, which means I have little control over the system, and
> it has been meddled with quite a bit. Running XP. It quite common
> for this to happen on installing software, and I usually just make a
> desktop shortcut. Must be unusual for others because I can't find any
> reference to it in the archives.
> Can you please tell me how to run cygwin without the shortcut?
I make shortcuts to /cygwin/bin/bash.exe and /cygwin64/bin/bash.exed (I have
both). Perhaps there is a better way to do it, but that works for me,
Cheers ... Duncan.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple