This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How LANG environment variable is set?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 06:36:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: How LANG environment variable is set?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53597E6B dot 1080207 at alice dot it> <53598885 dot 5060708 at acm dot org> <53599112 dot 9080405 at cygwin dot com>
Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Good catch. Yes, the latest version of base_files makes this change to
> the profile_d() function. Looks like the easiest interim solution is to
> downgrade to base_files-4.1-2.
The easiest interim solution is probably to unset LC_ALL or revert to
_LC_SAVE_ if set in lang.sh -- I'll have to think about this some more, but
that's probably the solution I'll use for the bugfix release as well (I
should manage to get it out over the weekend).
See http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/msg00489.html and the discussion
leading up to it. This just goes to show that nobody tested the test
version that was out there for almost two years.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple