This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How LANG environment variable is set?
- From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 00:45:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: How LANG environment variable is set?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
David Rothenberger wrote:
It looks like /etc/profile sets LC_ALL=C before running the scripts
in /etc/profile.d, then restores it to its original setting. This
prevents LANG getting set by lang.sh.
The statement LC_ALL=C has been introduced in /et/profile with the
recent upgrade of base-file 4.2 (and indeed I was sure with base-fle 4.1
LANG was correctly set..)
So, is this how things should work or we have caught a bug in the new
base-file 4.2 release?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple