This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Wow, just hit RCS bug (attn: Dr Volker Zell)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:01:07 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Wow, just hit RCS bug (attn: Dr Volker Zell)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <694832 dot 7961 dot bm at smtp113 dot sbc dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com> <534F288E dot 7020808 at etr-usa dot com> <loom dot 20140417T101647-753 at post dot gmane dot org>
Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> NexGo.DE> writes:
> Make sure you test the stdio code path, if they changed the sematics of
> RCS_MEM_LIMIT again, then you may need a different demonstrator to switch to
> stdio from the usual mmap code path.
For grins I just built RCS 5.9.2, fixed a bug in the btdt program so it
wouldn't infloop and ran the test suite. It still passes with all code
paths. The demonstrator from Don Hatch still fails if I force the stdio
code path, as it did with the 5.8.x versions. So the only way to have RCS
not mangle those files still is to make sure it never falls back to RM_STDIO.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple