This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU
- From: "Peter A. Castro" <doctor at fruitbat dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 14:51:04 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140404083359 dot GD2508 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140404T113717-470 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140404113738 dot GF2508 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140407T124141-753 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140407112313 dot GA17922 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5342D299 dot 1040101 at cygwin dot com> <loom dot 20140407T225832-327 at post dot gmane dot org> <534322E8 dot 8070701 at cygwin dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1404071509070 dot 9344 at ming dot fruitbat dot org> <534350BD dot 9040806 at cygwin dot com> <20140408015026 dot GA2359 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <53435811 dot 6080104 at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 4/7/2014 9:50 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:28:29PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
2) Packaging changes of setup.exe have made extracting the version string
impossible, save for actually running setup, which isn't something
going to do on a daily basis. If there is a method of extracting
info from it, please do tell me how.
I'm assuming it used to just be in the RC file in the past. Didn't look
in the history to trace it back. But now it is generated and put in
setup_version.c as a global constant setup_version.
setup.exe is packed with upx. If you want to see the version string I
suppose you could unpack it with upx.
Of course! Why didn't I think of that?
strings setup*.exe | grep setup-version
This returns the version for a _decompressed_ setup executable.
This is, in fact, what I was doing before there was a change in the packer
utility that I was unable to, at the time. build for myself.
I've just built a newer version of upx (and ucl, etc) and now I will start
archiving setup, x86 & x86_64, (again). Need to update my webpage
automation to generate an access list, but atleast I'm grabbing and
archiving them (again).
Thanks for bringing this (back) to my attention (again).
In general, though, unless and until there is a significant change to
the setup.ini format, the most recent installer *should* just work.
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com
"Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple