This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: libtool: link: object name conflicts in archive
- From: "Gisela Haschmich" <cygwin at eclipso dot de>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:16:23 +0000
- Subject: Re: Re: libtool: link: object name conflicts in archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7c71eb34219779df3fb3d492f29bcead at mail dot eclipso dot de> <20140415093113 dot GF3271 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: "Gisela Haschmich" <cygwin at eclipso dot de>
> > Hello,
> > i tried to compile MBDyn 1.5.5 with cygwin and got an error "libtool:
> link: object name conflicts in archive". I used the same for 1.5.0 and
> it worked.
> > libtool: link: object name conflicts in archive: .libs/libmbwrap.lax/liby12.lib//home/ntmoe/mbdyn-1.5.5/libraries/liby12/.libs/liby12.lib
> > i found with google, that it could be an error with path variable, because
> it needs lib.exe from Visual Studio. I changed it to minimal, but i have
> still the same error
> No, it doesn't. Libtool calls gcc, it never tries to use VS tools.
> This looks like a problem earlier in the build.
and whats about lib.exe, do i need the path to VS tools lib.exe or what should use instead ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple