This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 18:31:55 +0000
- Subject: RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C00EA9 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <534B2EFE dot 4010509 at cornell dot edu>
> -----Original Message-----
> Of Ken Brown
> Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:43 PM
> Subject: Re: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
> On 4/13/2014 10:53 AM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> > I recently installed 1.7.29 on a new Win7/64 laptop. Every day or so, I
> get a "fatal error" dialog from emacs-w32. It asks me if I want to debug
> it, but I'm not sure what info I could pull from gdb that would be useful.
> A gdb backtrace might or might not be helpful. I would start with other
> things first (see below).
I just saw it die, and this is the bt I get:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000100551354 in wait_reading_process_output (
4677 if (wait_proc->gnutls_p /* Check for valid process. */
> > Is this a known problem?
> > Is there any useful information I could provide?
> Since this is a new computer, my first suggestion would be to check the
> BLODA list (http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda). If that
> doesn't help, please make a more detailed report, following the
> guidelines here:
> > Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple