This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:21:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C00EA9 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <534B2EFE dot 4010509 at cornell dot edu> <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225C0101D at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <534C0A80 dot 2070308 at cornell dot edu>
Ken Brown writes:
> You might have to run emacs under gdb and put a breakpoint at
> emacs_abort in order to get a useful backtrace. But I'm not sure it's
> worth putting a lot of effort into debugging emacs-24.3 at this point,
> because emacs-24.4 is already in its pretest phase. I'm traveling
> right now, but when I return in about a week I'll build the current
> pretest version for you to try.
I see these crashes on a regular basis (the few times I've managed to
attach gdb to this Emacs instance I've not got any useful backtraces
except that it was always crashing in a timer triggered function).
I'm waiting for 24.4 myself to see if this resolves itself. In the
meantime I'm just running Emacs from a Cygwin32 instance, that never
crashes for me.
> One other question: Can you find a way to reproduce the problem, or
> does it just seem to happen randomly?
If I had a reproducer, you'd have it by now.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple