This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newbie Alias and Profile questions
- From: Ken Jackson <cygwin at jackson dot io>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 01:21:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Newbie Alias and Profile questions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52F979B0 dot 2080604 at ptd dot net>
On 02/10/2014 08:15 PM, Mike Rushton wrote:
I am trying to put an alias in a .bashrc
alias clear='printf "\033c"'
Sometimes 'clear' is installed and sometimes it's not, so
I put this line in my ~/.bashrc file on all Linux, BSD and
test -z "$(type -t clear)" && alias clear='echo -n -e "\e[2J\e[H"'
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple