This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:59:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUk3L3zRcGoLmb=GM-rnF7K8Y=fqNA8n9gfgVhja5TL2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140409055117 dot GA1878 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXxAnB0JYHuvJj44ZAT=Uc-G12Xt+xsirnmiPBkOJ4U-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <53457A4C dot 1050104 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLVfbuWujEXQXsZY2_puq7JkEmJemeEZJ+DXhdQHb2wQLA at mail dot gmail dot com> <627347831 dot 20140410055843 at yandex dot ru> <20140410080122 dot GU2437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1233443390 dot 20140411150313 at yandex dot ru> <20140411121012 dot GA23281 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <13533871 dot 20140413024506 at yandex dot ru>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 02:45:06AM +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:
>Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
>> As for new functionality and non-trivial patches, I'm sorry but we
>> still need the copyright assignment in this case. I know that people
>> are shying away from it, so I hope there still some who don't...
>> See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html, the "Before you get started" section.
>I honestly don't care. I do not understand whole tantrum around
>"copyright", "copywrong" and other "copyleft".
>What the hell you can do about it? Pick a spoon, crack my head open and drain
>it out of my brain?
>Whatever I release to the public, I mainly do that under WTF PL.
Don't know if you've looked at the form but the issue usually isn't if you
care. It's if your employer is ok with your assigning code to another
commercial entity. Your wishes only really enter into it insofar as if
you wish to donate code at all. After that, it's up to your employer
to release the code to Red Hat.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple