This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 02:45:06 +0400
- Subject: Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUJaQ3ap06EPD51ua45d7vqmaPanCZRo9CZDPKmMfm5=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140409032833 dot GA2351 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLUk3L3zRcGoLmb=GM-rnF7K8Y=fqNA8n9gfgVhja5TL2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140409055117 dot GA1878 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXxAnB0JYHuvJj44ZAT=Uc-G12Xt+xsirnmiPBkOJ4U-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <53457A4C dot 1050104 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLVfbuWujEXQXsZY2_puq7JkEmJemeEZJ+DXhdQHb2wQLA at mail dot gmail dot com> <627347831 dot 20140410055843 at yandex dot ru> <20140410080122 dot GU2437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1233443390 dot 20140411150313 at yandex dot ru> <20140411121012 dot GA23281 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
>> >> >> If you think web code repository searching and a public bug tracker are
>> >> >> primary barriers to contribution, you aren't being honest with yourself.
>> >> >> They are nice, but not necessary.
>> >> > I am honest with myself. I, as everyone have limited time.
>> >> Seems like the limit on your time is very laxed.
>> >> For the time you wrote all the posts to this list, I've downloaded whole
>> >> Cygwin /cvs/src, found the offended string, patched the file, and it took me 2
>> >> days to rebuild it only because I wasn't familiar with out-of-the tree build
>> >> system. (Had to read building instructions first, yeah...)
>> >> Now, I'm a happy owner of a custom cygpath that doesn't annoy me with
>> >> insignificant warnings.
>> > Wanna send the patch to cygwin-patches(*)?
>> I'm not quite happy with it yet. I'll need to dig through that function
>> another pass to see, if I can completely avoid the code path in question
>> without harming any hamsters in process.
> I'm *so* glad you're sympathetic with the hamsters. They have build
> their lair inside of cygpath alreasy years ago, so I would not like
> to disturb them.
I knew you love them too.
>> Besides, when I digged through it, I got an idea of completely new
>> functionality. That may be the one I want to contribute.
> As for new functionality and non-trivial patches, I'm sorry but we
> still need the copyright assignment in this case. I know that people
> are shying away from it, so I hope there still some who don't...
> See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html, the "Before you get started" section.
I honestly don't care. I do not understand whole tantrum around
"copyright", "copywrong" and other "copyleft".
What the hell you can do about it? Pick a spoon, crack my head open and drain
it out of my brain?
Whatever I release to the public, I mainly do that under WTF PL.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 13.04.2014, <02:41>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple