This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 10:20:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140410145323 dot GB2437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53487C6E dot 9010905 at cornell dot edu> <20140412111325 dot GA3271 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 4/12/2014 7:13 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 11 19:36, Ken Brown wrote:
On 4/10/2014 10:53 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
The latest snapshot, 2014-04-10, is a snapshot from CVS HEAD again.
It contains the latest crazy ideas in terms of the user and group
account creation without requiring the /etc/passwd and /etc/group
I installed the complete snapshot and moved /etc/passwd and
/etc/group out of the way. Now all users have gid == uid:
Shouldn't ordinary users (like kbrown) have gid == 197121? All
files I created as kbrown prior to the test show group "None", and
all files I created after the test show group "kbrown".
Is this a bug, or is there something weird about my system that's
making this happen? cygcheck output is attached.
Definitely a bug. I "optimized" the code a couple of weeks ago and
while I was at it I "optimized" away the code evaluating local user's
primary gid. Duh. I'm just building a new snapshot.
Works fine now. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple