This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:47:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140410145323 dot GB2437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5346E623 dot 5000406 at etr-usa dot com> <20140410191120 dot GL2437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20140411021652 dot GC23945 at dimstar dot local dot net>
On 4/10/2014 20:16, Duncan Roe wrote:
Yes, I'm one of those users. I need my login name to match the Linux systems so
I can use rsh and not be challenged for a password when the cygwin host name is
If you switch to SSH, you can solve this by putting this into your
That is, you can override defaults (like login name) on a per-connection
basis. Anything you can pass as an option to ssh(1) can be changed
here, so you don't have to keep providing the option.
With pre-shared keys, I don't think you'll see a difference in behavior
relative to rsh.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple