This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:11:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA2464FF5 at MLBXV06 dot nih dot gov> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C8B85C2 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <20140408152118 dot GB4595 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5344236E dot 8020503 at aol dot com> <20140408164902 dot GD5812 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C8B89AF at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <20140408181301 dot GD2731 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLUJaQ3ap06EPD51ua45d7vqmaPanCZRo9CZDPKmMfm5=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140409032833 dot GA2351 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLUk3L3zRcGoLmb=GM-rnF7K8Y=fqNA8n9gfgVhja5TL2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140409055117 dot GA1878 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLXxAnB0JYHuvJj44ZAT=Uc-G12Xt+xsirnmiPBkOJ4U-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <53457A4C dot 1050104 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLVfbuWujEXQXsZY2_puq7JkEmJemeEZJ+DXhdQHb2wQLA at mail dot gmail dot com> <627347831 dot 20140410055843 at yandex dot ru> <CAAXzdLXrKtdb2unB8x_OfTtL3Tfa9gGqmHLOCVhhnWmeyNG1=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <5346B4EF dot 4060202 at breisch dot org>
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
> I admit that Christopher can be gruff at times. And I think that sometimes
> he has a bit of an attitude. But, honestly I don't blame him for that. Look
> at it from his perspective.
Christopher Faylor is an invaluable part of this project, but his complaining
about lack of developers adds no value.
> Those who are in control of the project have admitted that CVS is limiting,
> and have it on their radar to update it and replace it. When will that
> happen? I don't know. Real Soon Now, I'm sure. But I'm sure it's not a
> trivial 10-minute job, and I bet a rather significant percentage of the time
> that Christopher can devote towards Cygwin in a given day is wasted dealing
> with the issues mentioned above.
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got.
If Christopher wants to gripe on the mailing that his business, but he and
everyone else need to get realisic about the fact that not everyone is willing
to use a 20 year CVS. People criticize my suggestion as not a guaranteed fix.
Well guess what, nothing is a guaranteed fix for hard problems such as this. How
do you encourage more people to contribute? well you can start by making it
easier for them, which is what I am proposing.
> So, like Andy, pardon me if I'm not moved to tears by your difficulties
> submitting patches.
My difficulties? I dont see your name on this list
so perhaps you should get out of that glass house.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple