This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: "mount -c /" in 64-bit win7 not persisting
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 19:01:26 +0000
- Subject: RE: "mount -c /" in 64-bit win7 not persisting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B2225BC8594 at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com> <20140409184522 dot GA24264 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> -----Original Message-----
> Corinna Vinschen
> Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:45 AM
> Subject: Re: "mount -c /" in 64-bit win7 not persisting
> On Apr 9 17:43, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> > I haven't installed a new Cygwin in quite a while. I'm doing it this
> morning on a new 64-bit Win7 box.
> > I typically set my cygdrive prefix to "/". In the past, I believe I would
> do this once, and it wouldn't have to do it again, as it would persist
> > Now, it appears as if this goes away as soon as that shell goes away.
> > I've checked some of the FAQs and did some searches, but I didn't find
> anything obvious.
> > What am I missing?
> The user's guide:
> Persisent mounting via mount(1) has been given up in favor of the
> /etc/fstab file a long time ago (2009).
Curious. I didn't think it was THAT long ago that I last installed Cygwin. That works, in any case. Thanks.