This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
attention tar maintainer
- From: "George Pearson" <george at canals dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:46:41 -0400
- Subject: attention tar maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Would it be possible to update the version of tar currently in cygwin?
The current version is 1.26, which, in the GNU project anyway, was
released in March 2011. I need a version with a bug fix done in Nov
2011, so 1.27 or the latest (1.27-1) should do.
The bug fix fixes (among other things) the use of the -diff option with
an archive created with -g (listed-incremental). A related post from
Sergey Poznyakoff, one of the GNU tar maintainers, will found here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple