This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] base-files-4.2-1: Change prompt if running with admin rights
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 20:32:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] base-files-4.2-1: Change prompt if running with admin rights
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53458036 dot 1010307 at t-online dot de>
Christian Franke writes:
> Attached is an updated version of:
I'll put this on hold until the AD integration has landed in Cygwin
(which will require some larger changes anyway).
Generally I'd prefer to move such things that depend on personal
preferences like setting up prompts into profile.d where they are easier
to change and maintain independently from core system functionality.
Using the registry to check for administrative privileges is clever,
however I'm wondering why we shouldn't simply check via id (that's what
I'm doing personally at the moment).
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple