Re: We need steenking patches (Re: Cygwin kill utility...)

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Steven Penny <...> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Except for the lack of an advertised bugzilla link at the Cygwin web
>> page, Cygwin is like every one of the other projects hosted at
>> sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org.  This includes thriving projects like gcc,
>> binutils, gdb, and others.  All of the developers in those projects were
>> able to figure out how to find CVS (svn, git) web information and,
>> eventually, check out their stuff.
>
> I see now you have Stockholm Syndrome with CVS. Perhaps you missed the question,
> so I will repeat it:
>
> Where is the online search function for the mailing list and code base? With
> GitHub you can use this
>
>   http://github.com/svnpenn/bm/search?q=asdf
>
> and it will search all issues and code for a repository. Cygwin appears to have
> no web based way of searching either, besides a Google search. That is sad.

For the code no such function exists.  You will have to make do with
downloading the code from CVS and using local tools to grep and search
through it.  As it stands cgf has already mentioned the page that
tells you quite clearly how to download from CVS and (if you are a
contributor) how to upload as well.  The mailing list does have a
search function.  Go to the lists page (http://cygwin.com/lists.html)
and choose the list you want to search.  There is a nice search box on
each mailing list so that you can look for previous reports of an
issue.

Robert Pendell
A perfect world is one of chaos.