This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd buildup of CLOSE_WAIT leading to unable to function
- From: Joshua Hudson <joshudson at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:06:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: sshd buildup of CLOSE_WAIT leading to unable to function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+jjjYRFxjg=0EOoygyO_3hcA9U2CkzZQqW6zfn3kvUVO75wVQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sorry took so long to reply. Only reply was set to the mailing list
but not to me.
No listed BLODA installed.
CLOSE_WAIT entries do not appear to build up from normal ssh use via
the cygwin ssh client. All CLOSE_WAIT entries show IP addresses not
ours. (Port is open on a public IP address. Only private key
On 4/1/14, Joshua Hudson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi. I'm getting a situation on one machine where sshd will fail to
> accept connections in a way that says "connection refused" even though
> it is listening. The server shows a large (58) number of connections
> in CLOSE_WAIT.
> A Google search leads me to
> and eventually to
> but I don't think that's right. Somebody else managed to this this in 2009
> OpenSSH_6.4p1, OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 redacted 1.7.25(0.270/5/3) 2013-08-31 20:37 x86_64 Cygwin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple