This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.29-2: Exception from cygwin_gethostname
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:58:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.7.29-2: Exception from cygwin_gethostname
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5342F343 dot 6050300 at acm dot org> <20140407190942 dot GU2061 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 4/7/2014 3:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 7 11:49, David Rothenberger wrote:
I'm having a problem doing hostname resolution on one of my Windows
7 64 machines after updating cygwin to 1.7.29-2. I first noticed it
with ssh. I get an error whenever I try to ssh to any machine using
a hostname; it complains the hostname cannot be resolved.
An strace of ssh shows an exception occuring right after the call to
cygwin_gethostname is logged.
96 58624 [main] ssh 3536 cygwin_gethostname: name daver-pc
--- Process 3536, exception 000006ba at 000007FEFDD4940D
860 59484 [main] ssh 3536 __set_errno: void san::leave():315 setting errno 14
Exception 0x6ba is "The RPC server is unavailable". I have no idea why
this exception is generated at all on your machine. Usually this is a
first-chance exception only, which can be ignored, but this is the first
time I ever saw this and in the above scenario there's no such exception
expected, so it doesn't get ignored.
Oh well, it would have been helpful if this had been encountered last
Good point. David, can you go back to last week and see if you can still
reproduce it? ;-)
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple