This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7.25-1.7.28 - the perl process couldn't wake up after system call
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:48:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7.25-1.7.28 - the perl process couldn't wake up after system call
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANHHSWbZVvN9SM-q+kJ2CQiCB41j2y3Ucdib5aj-L4B4pa-hdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5342D462 dot 2060806 at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 4/7/2014 8:03 AM, Eduard wrote:
>> We run
>> Cygwin 1.7.25-1.7.28 on Win7-64bit.
>> perl version is v5.14.2.
>> Sometimes during system call from perl we see the following error:
>> 0 [sig] perl 9852 stopped_or_terminated: couldn't wake up wait event
>> 0x110, Win32 error 6
>> The process hangs and cannot be terminated by kill command. The only
>> way to kill process is with windows task manager.
>> Our tasks require many system calls to complete
>> Please advise how to resolve this.
Please advise (off-list if too much data) how I could reproduce this problem.
I never stumbled on that.
Esp. the 64 bit version is much safer than the 32bit version.
> Is it any better or worse with Cygwin 1.7.29 that was just released?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple