This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
1.7.28: Ctrl-C not working reliably
- From: Ivan Todoroski <ivan at todoroski dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 21:35:39 +0200
- Subject: 1.7.28: Ctrl-C not working reliably
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Cygwin DLL 1.7.28 32-bit
Windows 8.1 64-bit (build 6.3.9600)
*Steps to reproduce*
1) Open Cygwin bash prompt
2) Type: ssh blargh # or any non-existent host
3) Press Ctrl-C immediately after that
On my machine, the Ctrl-C doesn't stop SSH from trying to look up the
non-existent host, it keeps going until it gives up and times out (which
takes about 10 seconds of my machine, YMMV).
This problem is not specific to SSH, it just happens to be the most reliable
way to reproduce it.
It happens frequently with other programs too, but I haven't been able to
find any pattern, it seems Ctrl-C sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
It's a regression because the cases where Ctrl-C doesn't work used to work
in earlier Cygwin releases, but unfortunately I can't give you exact version
I also checked that this happens both inside mintty and the native Win32
console, it made no difference.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple