This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Latest snapshot will become Cygwin 1.7.29
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 14:43:50 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Latest snapshot will become Cygwin 1.7.29
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140331194712 dot GA7145 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Unless there is an identified regression, the latest snapshot
> is very close to becoming Cygwin version 1.7.29.
The 32bit version (2014-03-29 21:21:42 UTC x86) seems to have at least the
portion of the AD code active that relates to the numerical GID bumping
(this only happens when the nsswitch.conf file exists, which I thought
should not have any effect without AD integration):
I've removed the nsswitch.conf file that I had installed for the AD testing
and this issue goes away (I haven't tried to change the settings in the
file, they were "files db", sorry).
There is no such problem with the 64bit version, with or without having an
nsswitch.conf file present.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple