This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-binutils-188.8.131.52.acd6540-1 (x86/x86_64)
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 19:13:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-binutils-184.108.40.206.acd6540-1 (x86/x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 53383120 dot 8020408 at gmail dot com>
On 2014-03-30 16:58, JonY wrote:
> Version 220.127.116.11.acd6540-1 of mingw64-*-binutils have been uploaded.
> This is a bug fix release from git.
This must be more than a simple bug fix release.
I’m talking about the
which does not contain usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld.exe
although mingw64-x86_64-binutils-18.104.22.168.5a026fc-1.tar.xz did.
This prevents me from compiling the last cygwin snapshot (target cyglsa64.dll
fails because of ‘ld’ missing).
More than that, the new package contains usr/share/info/binutils.info
(which the previous one didn’t), but this file is already provided
by the binutils-2.24.51-2 package (with the .gz suffix, i must
Please someone to confirm that this new mingw64-x86_64-binutils
package is indeed ok.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple