This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: LPR problem ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: David Masterson <dsmasterson at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 23:41:17 +0400
- Subject: Re: LPR problem ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86lhw4yzzh dot fsf at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, David Masterson!
> I've installed the complete Cygwin environment on my Windows 8.1 system.
> When I try to use 'lpr',
lpr to where?...
> it seems like the file is printed properly *except* nothing comes out of the
> printer. This is a Dell AIO 810 printer that, once I installed the proper
> driver, doesn't seem to have a problem printing from Windows via (say)
> Notepad. When I 'lpr' a file under Cygwin,
Are you sure you're using Cygwin's LPR, and not Windows own?
> there is no errors and, in fact, the dialog box showing
> that the file is being printed comes up, cycles out to 99%, thinks for a
> few seconds, goes to 100%, and then seems to be done. The problem is
> that nothing comes out of the printer.
What dialog box?
> Anyone have ideas on how to debug this??
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 21.03.2014, <16:37>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple