This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: launching sh/bash from windows console (cmd) results in application Segmentation Faults
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:58:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: launching sh/bash from windows console (cmd) results in application Segmentation Faults
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFjYYd5XG2JxcXeGsZH-0WEeBgctap9hc5NO0JENB2DqNaeuoA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 3/26/2014 1:35 PM, Scott Mitchell wrote:
When launching cygwin bash shell from windows command prompt (cmd)
then applications run by bash very frequently crash with Segmentation
Faults. When this occurs applications that are launched by the shell
are not cleaned up after the shell session terminates (for example
ssh-agents and ssh processes remain and must be killed in task
manager). This is also a problem when using cygwin from other shell
environments such as console2 and conemu.
Do you have the same problem with Cygwin 32 bits? How about with
the current Cygwin package (1.7.28) with either 32 bits or 64?
I had no problem running this on 32-bits from W7 x64 with 1.7.28.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple