This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about the ps command, missing option -o to format the output
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:36:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question about the ps command, missing option -o to format the output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DDE9CDBA2B37C246B69D8E4C96647D3D01AC9C05C9 at DEFFMMBX102 dot elabs dot int> <5332B784 dot 5040403 at googlemail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:18:28PM +0100, m0viefreak wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:59:04AM +0000, Holger Dietze wrote:
>>I have searched the man page and the Cygwin projects, but did not found
>>a way to get this working.
>Cygwin uses a custom ps program that can also handle windows processes
>but which does not support all those options.
>The version you are looking for is available from the procps package.
>The ps binary is also named "procps".
>That one won't handle windows processes, but since you only seem to
>care about cygwin processes in the script you are writing that should
>work just fine.
This is an informative, perfectly crafted response. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple