Re: usefulness of symlinks

Jon TURNEY wrote:

This really reads like you've tried one GLX client (glxgears), seen that it
apparently isn't working, and decided that GLX doesn't work at all.

This is not true.  Please stop spreading misinformation.
-----
I'd like to see if there is ANY GLX program that works.  I was
under the impression that GLXGEARS was among the most basic, and
it USED to work... ANY update of motion would have indicated
something is working.  I don't understand why glxgears would use
indirect rendering when client and server are on the same machine.