This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sox - package is broken
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:01:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: sox - package is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5324E98D dot 2090806 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140316114332 dot GB400 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5326276F dot 1050103 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140317015736 dot GA8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317022829 dot GB8086 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140317044230 dot GA1235 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <53278AE6 dot 9040509 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140318175353 dot GA1051 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <53289E8A dot 1010601 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20140318193218 dot GA4530 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20140318231653 dot GA6466 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5329FA98 dot 50203 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On 2014-03-19 15:14, David Stacey wrote:
AUDIODRIVER=ao play ding.wav
This is playing the audio through sox, which is where this whole thread
started. No sound at all, and no output to the console to indicate that
sox is attempting to play the file. The command exits (with return code
0) after a couple of seconds (approximately), irrespective of the
duration of the wav file supplied. Cranking up the verbosity with 'play
-V6' doesn't offer any assistance.
Reverting to cygwin-1.7.28-2, all of the above commands function
identically: the sound is heard but the last 1.5s are omitted, and no
sound is produced if the wav file is less than 1.5s in duration.
Sadly, I'm too busy with other matters to give this any real attention
right now. However, if we still haven't got to the bottom of this then
I'll have a dive into the code early next week.
Could you do the following:
echo "debug" >> $HOME/.libao
And, for the sake of your testing, verify that the oss driver is being used.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple