This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Silently configure sshd fails via system account
- From: PolarStorm <developer at clinicsearch dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Silently configure sshd fails via system account
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5307BB89 dot 80405 at cse dot yorku dot ca> <1395192297365-107203 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5329BDA5 dot 8060507 at cse dot yorku dot ca> <20140319165724 dot GE2715 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> I attached a new incarnation of the ssh-host-config script to this
> - The "UsePrivilegeSeparation" setting in /etc/sshd_config now takes into
> account that the default setting is "sandbox", which doesn't make
> sense on Cygwin.
> I also tweaked the script slightly to support the new passwd/group code
> I'm working on, but that's not yet finished.
Great! Did you also have a chance to look at the "sshd" user's pas-wor-d
expiration that isn't set properly in the
script? (~ line 2932).
BTW. How come and why does this account/user even have a pas-wor-d?
(And what is it? I certainly didn't set it...)
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Silently-configure-sshd-fails-via-system-account-tp106607p107220.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple