This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:46:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5329B9D0 dot 6070703 at cornell dot edu> <20140319160914 dot GD2715 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 3/19/2014 12:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 19 11:37, Ken Brown wrote:
Here's some more weirdness involving the recent changes to exception
handling on 64-bit Cygwin.
I have an ordinary user kbrown and an administrator user
kbrown-admin. I use the following command to simulate "su":
ssh kbrown-admin@$(hostname) .
With the current (2014-03-18) x86_64 snapshot, this doesn't work if
I try to use public key authorization. I simply get a message
Connection closed by fe80::81db:bf3a:6434:6015%11
and I'm not even prompted for my passphrase [*]. But if I move my
id_rsa and id_rsa.pub out of the way, I'm prompted for a password,
and I can login successfully.
Reverting to the 2014-03-17 snapshot fixes the problem.
I just checked in a change. Please give it a try. If this doesn't work
either, I don't know how to proceed.
This fixes the public key authorization problem, but the timeout during
the starting of gtk applications is back. The "window-default" program
from the other thread is still a test case for that problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple