This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cannot SSH To One Server behind proxy and firewall whereas able to access another one.
- From: pranav jituri <blueelvisrocks at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:30:29 +0530
- Subject: Cannot SSH To One Server behind proxy and firewall whereas able to access another one.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am behind a firewall and a proxy. The setup is like I enter the proxy and
the port to connect to the Internet which is then again filtered.
Now, I did some research for this and found how to do it. I was
successfully able to tunnel to the Amazon EC2 instance on port 443, but due
to bandwidth limitations of free tier, I purchased an instance on
Now, the problem is that this present server is also has it's SSH Daemon
listening on port 443 but I am receiving a
Proxy could not open connnection to aa:bb:cc:dd: Proxy Authentication
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
I am currently running Cygwin under Windows 8. At the moment I am able to
SSH and tunnel into my Amazon EC2 instance but not into this one. Any idea
what is happening?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple