This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sox - package is broken
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 00:00:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: sox - package is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <b0f9be09644f90eadb0a5d479b74ad56 dot squirrel at www dot physik dot tu-berlin dot de> <20140310111427 dot GE2828 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 10/03/2014 11:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Does anybody feel up to the task to debug this issue in the Cygwin DLL?
The DSP code is practically only in a single file called fhandler_dsp.cc.
I've started looking at this, but it is at the very bottom of my
priority queue so progress might be slow. Thus far, I've determined that
the last 1.5s are missing from *all* wav files piped to /dev/dsp. If
your wav file happens to be less that 1.5s then you get nothing. This
hasn't been noticed to date because most audio files (e.g. songs)
contain an amount of silence at the end of the file to separate the tracks.
The code mentioned above maintains a circular buffer that holds 1.5s
worth of sample data, so it is probable that this buffer isn't getting
flushed properly. I've spent an evening debugging the code, but haven't
turned up anything yet. It doesn't help that the code is rather sparsely
I'll post again if I learn more.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple