This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: With latest snapshot, emacs is very slow to start under X11
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:28:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: With latest snapshot, emacs is very slow to start under X11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <532325A5 dot 5020103 at cornell dot edu>
On 3/14/2014 11:52 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
With the snapshot of 2014-03-10, start the X server and then run
"emacs-X11 -Q&" in an xterm window. On my system, emacs consistently
takes about 28 seconds to start. With cygwin-1.7.28, however, it takes
about 1 second. This is on Windows 7; so far I've tested 64-bit Cygwin
I'll try to find the first snapshot that exhibits the problem, and I'll
also test on 32-bit Cygwin. But I wanted to make this preliminary
report quickly, in case the release of 1.7.29 is imminent.
The problem first occurs with the snapshot of 2014-03-05, and it occurs
only on 64-bit Cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple