This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin needs a man-db port
- From: "Chris J. Breisch" <chris dot ml at breisch dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:24:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin needs a man-db port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5241EF7D dot 9080309 at xs4all dot nl> <52433E7A dot 4070600 at xs4all dot nl> <524341E5 dot 6080601 at xs4all dot nl> <5322EA04 dot 3040008 at xs4all dot nl> <5322FCE8 dot 50604 at breisch dot org> <53230EBB dot 5050500 at xs4all dot nl>
Erwin Waterlander wrote:
I downloaded and built the latest version of check, and it seems to work
much better. I still have issues with libpipelines tests. It appears
that there is a 32/64-bit issue somewhere. I'm using Cygwin x64. Many of
the tests fail with issues similar to the following:
Op 14-3-2014 13:58 Chris J. Breisch schreef:
There's also a check 0.9.12 from January of this year.
It appears to me that we should upgrade check to at least 0.9.11, as
I'm unconvinced that the current version is working.
It was in October when I tried. I also could get libpipelines and man-db
compiled, but it did not work properly. I had also failing tests in the
libpipeline package. In the end I could display a man page in Russian
and English of Vim, but man-db coredumped on the Fench man page.
I remember there were indeed problems with 'check'. At that time this
bug, http://sourceforge.net/p/check/bugs/88/, was still open. The author
of man-db suggested to set CK_FORK=no in the environment. That helped
for several tests, but the first test of libpipelines kept failing.
I also had a problem that I always got static libraries instead of shared.
Even when I explicitly configure with --enable-static=no
relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol
I can dig a little deeper into this, and I can also try a 32-bit
version, but not until later. I don't even have a 32-bit install of
Cygwin on this box, and I'd have to figure out exactly what packages I'd
need to build check and libpipeline.
Chris J. Breisch
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple