This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:40:54 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140310191603 dot GH28681 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87iorlsvvn dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20140311T081705-682 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140311102007 dot GJ28681 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140311T125212-440 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140311130716 dot GB21306 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140311T152430-775 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140311154750 dot GP28681 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140311T172511-742 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140311T180753-745 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140312091649 dot GD8066 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Ok, so, here's the question. Is your primaryGroupID in AD 544? If not,
> you will have to explain to me how this happens. I have found no other
> way to reproduce this.
My primary group ID in AD is 513 (Domain Users), just as shown by id, I am
not member of the Administrators group and I only have effective group
membership when running from an elevated prompt (which I'm allowed to get to
via another group membership and a group policy that's totally unrelated to
the well-known Administrators group). I have no idea what happens either,
none of the traces even contain a check for Administrators group or a
recognizable ID. All I know is that when the mapping for Administrators
group is not 544, then the test fails. Anyway, I've run out of time for the
moment, I'll try to set up a clean test environment later. This whole
business of various settings in nsswitch.conf and entries in passwd/group is
creating a combinatorial explosion that I'm not sure how to manage yet.
Then, I'll have to sanitize the traces, which will require a script if it's
more than two or three.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple