This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with shortcuts
- From: Mike Rushton <mrushton at ptd dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 10:49:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help with shortcuts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <239236467 dot 6505411 dot 1393596596199 dot JavaMail dot root at ptd dot net> <5312023A dot 5040107 at gmail dot com> <5312AF5F dot 6000803 at ptd dot net> <795325412 dot 20140302145033 at yandex dot ru>
I found this on a Cygwin Facebook Users Group, it shows how to create
Symbolic links :
It is interesting, but i don't know why anyone would do this. Maybe you
could make an "Index" folder and organize certain types of files in it,
like music or video.
They say you could use mlink to create an alias to a Cygwin shell script
or command So you could create a windows executable that links to a
This might have a use though.
(mlink is a command a Windows 7)
On 3/2/2014 5:50 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Mike Rushton!
Well thanks I will have to try that.
My only other option was to create a menu and execute in from my profile
... and instead of shortcuts ... they would be options off a menu.
I also found out you can create symbolic links under Win 7, WIn XP (you
must download this Junction Program)
You can create native symlinks under WinXP, but they are not usable.
and also do this under various
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 02.03.2014, <14:40>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple