This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with shortcuts
- From: Max Polk <maxpolk at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:52:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help with shortcuts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <239236467 dot 6505411 dot 1393596596199 dot JavaMail dot root at ptd dot net>
On 2/28/2014 9:09 AM, mrushton wrote:
Can some on give me a help with creating a shortcut to a shell script under Windows 7 ?
I am doing something like this in the windows shorcut :
C:\CygwinSoftware\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico --exec /cygdrive/x/INBOUND/CWSCRIPTS/mymenu.sh
Well I found in the documentation that when you run a script this way, it is not an interactive shell and it does not process your .bashprofile and .bashrc and all the good stuff it normally does when it logs in. I am missing aliases when it logs in this way.
How can I create a shortcut that would process my normal startup files and then run the script I what ?
From cmd.exe you can exec bash with the login and interactive flags,
and pass it a command like this to see all your vars:
C:\Apps\Cyg\bin\mintty.exe --exec /bin/bash --login -i -c "set && read x"
In Windows create a shortcut and simply paste the above in.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple