This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sox - package is broken
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:18:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: sox - package is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2b341eba8a9d01e621b55d459c34e9f3 dot squirrel at www dot physik dot tu-berlin dot de>
On 26/02/2014 22:38, Dr. Alexander Kleinsorge wrote:
1st sox problem:
in Cygwin 1.7.28 sound is broken. (sox + play)
I followed all hints as reply to my first post last week.
$ play blip.wav
File Size: 1.33k Bit Rate: 94.4k
Encoding: Unsigned PCM
Channels: 1 @ 8-bit
In:100% 00:00:00.11 [00:00:00.00] Out:1.25k [======|======] Clip:0
==> BUT I DONT HEAR ANYTHING, but same file works with other windows
players (==> soundcard + driver + speaker = ok).
I've been able to reproduce this using very short wav files (less than 2
seconds in duration); if I use a longer file then it seems to work OK.
Please could you try again with a longer wav file and report how you get on.
This may be a Cygwin problem (rather than an issue with sox itself), as
piping the wav file to /dev/dsp has the same result, i.e. short wav
files are not heard.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple