This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?
- From: Jim Burwell <jimb at jsbc dot cc>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:24:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6f9492621546f3eeca905b6281314451 at mykolab dot ch> <530CAA5C dot 8060505 at cygwin dot com> <530D10B2 dot 7050506 at jsbc dot cc> <20140225215511 dot GB6065 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2/25/2014 13:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 25 13:52, Jim Burwell wrote:
>> I've noticed after installing an update the Cygwin64 appears to ignore
>> the contents of the shell field in /etc/passwd. I normally run
>> /bin/tcsh as my shell, and changing this field used to result in any new
>> login shells running tcsh. Now it just runs bash regardless.
>> Has something changed?
> No. Works for me. Do you start `mintty -'?
Interestingly, it works as expected with mintty, but not with xterm,
Was going to try rxvt, but noticed it's not in Cygwin64.
It also works when I ssh into my cygwin.
So appears to be a problem with xterm and related?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple